What you need for this recipe:
- 100g white plain flour
- 25g wholemeal plain flour
- 2 eggs (medium)
- 275 ml semi skimmed milk
- Pinch paprika powder
- Oil for frying
- 6-8 slices of ham
- 60g canned pineapple pieces -drained
- 60g cheddar cheese
- Weighing scales
- grater, chopping board
- sieve, mixing bowl
- small bowl
- wooden spoon
- measuring jug
- frying pan
- 15ml spoon
- fish slice
- large metal spoon
- Grate the cheese.
- Sift the flours and paprika into the mixing bowl.
- Break the eggs into the separate bowl and beat with the fork.
- Make a well in the flour and add the eggs mixing with the wooden spoon.
- Gradually add the milk, mixing well to remove any lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the measuring jug.
- Add a little oil to a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Pour three 15ml spoons of the mixture in the centre of the frying pan.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface and then turn using the fish slice.
- Cook the underside of the pancake for one minute or until golden brown.
- Roll up pancakes with the ham, pineapple and cheese.
Transfer the pancake batter to a jug or use a ladle to reduce the spills as the mixture is placed into the frying pan. Stack the pancakes as you make them between sheets of greaseproof paper on a plate kept in a warm over to keep them warm.
Something else to try:
Different herbs, spices or fillings can be added to the pancake recipe for a different taste.