45 minutes plus
Mixing, Frying, Chopping, Measuring
What you need for this recipe:
- 225g lean lamb leg steaks or neck fillet, cubed
- 15ml spoon oil
- 2x 15ml spoon Rogan Josh curry paste
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 15ml spoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 mug of basmati rice
- sharp knife
- chopping board
- measuring spoons
- frying pan
- large saucepan
- wooden spoon
- garlic press
- can opener
- Slice the onion and cut the tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and add the cubed lamb. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the Rogan Josh curry paste, sliced onions and garlic. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in boiling water according to the instructions on the packet.
- Add the canned and fresh tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh coriander and serve the Rogan Josh with the boiled rice and the naan bread (as above).
Something else to try
For a vegetarian alternative, substitute the lamb with a can of chick peas or kidney beans, or use a combination of soft vegetables (e.g. mushrooms, courgettes and peppers).