Mixing, Chopping, Measuring
What you need for this recipe:
- 2 pitta breads (brown or white)
- 1 small red onion or spring onion, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 3cm section of cucumber, chopped
- half a red pepper, cut into cubes
- I small carrot, grated
- small bunch flat leaf parsley, removed from stalk and chopped
- 100g feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 2x 5ml spoon balsamic vinegar
- 15ml spoon olive oil
- 5 black olives, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- small vegetable knife
- chopping board
- mixing bowl
- measuring spoons
- Cut the pitta breads in half, but leave one side of each uncut so they open out to make a 'pocket'.
- Chop up the onion, cucumber, parsley, red pepper and feta cheese and place in a bowl.
- Grate the carrot and add to the mixture along with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Mix well.
- Season the mixture and divide evenly between the pitta breads, putting the mixture into the 'pocket' of the bread.