What you need for this recipe:
- 40g butter or margarine
- 150g wholemeal flour
- 50g cheese
- 50g oats
- 2 x 5ml mixed herbs
- 2 leeks (small)
- 1 red pepper
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (400g)
- Weighing scales
- mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- chopping board
- baking dish (approx 20cm x 20cm)
- can opener
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or gas mark 6.
- Rub in the butter or margarine into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Grate the cheese.
- Stir in the grated cheese, oats and 1x5ml spoon mixed herbs.
- Slice the leeks and red pepper.
- Quarter the mushrooms.
- Arrange the vegetables in a baking dish.
- Pour over the canned tomatoes and 1x5ml spoon mixed herbs.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the vegetables.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden.
The baking dish gets hot so remember to wear oven gloves.
Something else to try:
Try different combinations of vegetables, such as sweetcorn or broccoli.
Use different herbs to vary the flavour, e.g. parsley or thyme.
Be creative with your crumble topping.
Try different types of cheese e.g. parmesan or feta or add crushed digestive biscuits instead of oats.
Serve the crumble with a side salad.