Kneading, Mixing, Frying, Measuring
What you need for this recipe:
- 100g plain flour
- 2.5ml salt
- 15ml spoon vegetable oil or corn oil
- 125–150ml warm water
- 40–50g melted butter (or ghee)
- measuring scales
- measuring spoons
- bread board
- rolling pin
- large mixing bowl
- cling film
- non-stick frying pan
- palette knife
- wooden spoon
- pastry brush
- Place the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Make a well and pour in the oil and half the water.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon and continue adding enough water until you have a firm, soft but not too sticky dough.
- Knead the dough for 3–4 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal balls.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll each dough ball into a thin circle.
- Spread each chapatti with a light spreading of ghee/melted butter.
- Fold the chapatti into quarters to enclose the ghee/butter mixture.
- Re-roll into a flat round pizza shape.
- Fry in a dry pan for 3–4 minutes on each side until lightly coloured, brushing a little of the ghee/butter mixture on each side during cooking.
- Remove from the pan and leave to cool.