Measuring, Melting, Baking
What you need for this recipe:
- 1 cauliflower
- 75g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 5ml spoon mustard
- 25g butter or margarine
- 25g plain flour
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- salt and pepper
- chopping board
- 2 saucepans
- sieve or colander
- baking dish
- oven gloves
- wooden spoon
- measuring jug
- measuring spoons
- Melt the butter or margarine in a saucepan. Add the flour and stir into a paste.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly. The sauce will become thick.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 2 minutes. Add seasoning, if desired.
- Meanwhile, remove the green leaves and stalk from the cauliflower and cut into florets.
- Place the cauliflower into a saucepan of water. Boil and then simmer for 4–5 minutes.
- Add 50g of the cheese and all the mustard to the sauce.
- Drain the cauliflower and place it in the baking dish.
- Pour the cheese and mustard sauce over the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Using oven gloves, place under the grill until golden brown.