What you need for this recipe:
- 1½ cups water
2 tbsp skimmed milk powder
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp sunflower oil
½ tsp salt
1 cup/160g wholemeal bread flour
2 cups/320g strong white bread flour
1 cup/about 120g best quality muesli
1¼ tsp fast action yeast
¼ cup/about 30g dried cherries or cranberries
¼ cup/about 30g roughly chopped nuts (mixture of almonds, hazelnuts and macadamias)
½ cup chopped dried apple rings
- Breadmaking machine
me asuring cups
- Measure the ingredients into the pan in the order they are listed above excluding the cherries or cranberries, nuts and dried apple at this stage. This ensures the best mixing and therefore the best result.
- Select large loaf size by pressing the loaf size button and then press the start button.
- During the second kneading the machine will beep ten times to signal the addition of nuts and fruit. Add the cherries, nuts and apple at this stage.
- When the loaf is ready, the machine will beep and the loaf tin can be removed using oven an glove, be careful as it is very hot.
- Allow the bread to cool for 15 minutes before turning pan upside down and tapping the loaf onto a cooling rack.
*If you wish to make the muesli loaf but don't have a time-delay function, add the dried fruit and nuts with the other ingredients, adding them last.