|| 25 minutes
|| Serves 3-4
What you need
175g dried spaghetti
4 good quality pork sausages (see Chef’s tip)
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and coarsley grated
15ml spoon olive oil
40g fresh white breadcrumbs
15g parmesan cheese, finely grated
2x 15ml spoon freshly chopped parsley
salt and freshly ground black pepper
sieve or colander
2 chopping knives
2 frying pans
What you do
What you do
1. Break the spaghetti into sort lengths and cook in a large saucepan of boiling water following the pack instructions.
2. Meanwhile, carefully slit the sausages open using a knife, peel off the skins and discard. Break the sausages into bite-size pieces into a large frying pan using your fingers.
3. Add the onion and carrot to the pan with the sausages and dry fry over a medium heat for 8–10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sausages are thoroughly cooked and the vegetables are tender.
4. In a separate clean and dry frying pan, add the oil and breadcrumbs and fry together over a medium heat for 2–3 minutes, stirring constantly until crisp and golden. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheeses, parsley and seasoning to taste.
5. Drain the spaghetti thoroughly then stir into the sausage mixture and divide between warmed serving bowls. Scatter with the cheesy breadcrumb mixture and serve immediately.
The better quality sausage you use, the tastier this recipe will be. ‘Cheaper’ sausages will tend to make the dish too greasy.