It's National School Meals Week so why not take this opportunity to teach your students where their daily bread comes from. What the wheat needs to grow strong and healthy in the fields; how it is harvested and then transported to the mill; how the miller uses his skill to grind and blend the wheat to create the best possible flour for the baker to turn into nutritious healthy bread.
The Grain ChainGo to main Grain Chain website
- Shrove Tuesday AKA Pancake Day AKA Mardi Gras
- Schools Bake Off is back!
- Focus on grainchain.com resources
- After School Cookery Clubs
- The Cake & Bake Show
- What does your bread say about you?
- grainchain.com Inspire! competition winners announced
- grainchain.com Inspire! competition
- Farming and weather activity sheets
- Wheat into Flour: New classroom resource and video
energy balance pasta celebration, baking, recipes lesson plans information pages healthy balanced diet Breakfast gluten obesity lunch sandwich recipes Teacher support cooking resources bread activity sheets